Hours per week : 40
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- The principal is responsible for the leadership and administration of the Catholic school, including its curriculum and instruction, faculty and staff development, parent and student services, community relations, finances and facilities management, development and recruitment.
- Fosters the Catholic identity of the school by promoting Catholic values and nurturing the faith formation and spirituality of faculty, staff, students and parents.
- Sustains a working knowledge of the Church’s teachings regarding Catholic identity and the National Standards and Benchmarks for Effective Catholic Elementary and Secondary Schools.
- Commits to academic excellence, with an emphasis on 21st century learning skills, innovative best practices, culturally responsive teaching strategies, and growth mindset.
- Works collaboratively with the pastor, the School Advisory Board, faculty, and parents to foster a Catholic learning environment in every dimension of the school’s life and activity.
- Implements and encourages collaborative planning and leadership at all levels of the school.
- Communicates effectively with students, families and the parish community.
- Oversees non-academic matters including, but not limited to, enrollment management, planning, budgets, development, marketing and maintenance of the physical plant.
- Maintains fiscal control, maintain documentation for expenditures, and report accurate fiscal information.
- Minimum level of Education: Master’s Degree in Education
- Minimum amount of Work Experience:
- Five years of teaching and/or administrative experience
- Area of related work experience: Education (Commonwealth of VA Endorsement in Administration and Supervision)
- A practicing Catholic who understands and is dedicated to the ministry of Catholic education.
- A Master’s degree in Education (Commonwealth of VA Endorsement in Administration and Supervision required); five years teaching and/or administrative experience.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability of leadership, management, organizational, technological, and communication skills.
- Strong collaborative, communicative, creative, and critical thinking skills.
- School staff
As the only private, Catholic school south of the Richmond area, Saint Joseph School has served generations of families in the Tri-Cities since 1876. Our proudly diverse school community welcomes students grades JK-8 and an impressively qualified staff boasting several graduate degrees in their disciplines.
Position Start Date: July 1, 2019