Diocese of Richmond
Hours per week: 35+
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Review and manage real estate transactions and will monitor construction and renovation projects throughout the diocese.
- Assess, evaluate, and make recommendations with regards to exiting real estate.
- Acts as liaison with legal counsel and Insurance/Risk Management.
- Reviews and negotiates terms with regards to selling, purchasing, or leasing real estate.
- Oversees construction and renovation projects and acts as a resource to pastors and administrators of the property.
- Assists in developing a long-term capital budget for properties as assigned.
- Minimum level of Education: Degree in engineering or equivalent experience in facilities maintenance and engineering.
- Minimum amount of Work Experience: Minimum of ten years’ experience in the construction and facility maintenance industries.
- Years of related work experience (please see above)
- Area of related work experience: Real Estate, Engineering, and the construction and facility maintenance industries.
- Experience working with historic facilities, older buildings and places of worship and/or educational facilities.
- Must demonstrate mature judgement in the general business terms and conditions with regards to leasing, construction and renovation matters.
- Must possess strong teamwork skills and respond to requests with a customer-service oriented manner.
- Effective personal interactive, verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Position Start Date: May 20, 2019