Hours Per Week: 40 (Full Time Hybrid-Remote; T, W, TH on-site)
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Raleigh, North Carolina is seeking a Vice Chancellor for Administration. The Vice Chancellor for Administration serves as chief assistant and advisor to the Vicar General ensuring smooth operation of the Office of the Vicar General and assisting the Vicar General in all essential functions, especially canonical processes, correspondence, and record retention.
- Assists the Vicar General and handles all canonical matters under his responsibility.
- Reviews, updates, and promotes diocesan policies under the Office of the Vicar General.
- Assist Vicar General with his participation on all committees/commissions.
- Issues, records, and maintains Letters of Suitability for resident and visiting priests.
- Prepares and distributes correspondence from the Vicar General to all clergy and/or parishes.
- Organizes and implements a clergy database solution to manage clergy statistics to replace and organize current manual spreadsheets. Responsible for the ongoing maintenance of the clergy database, as well as creating statistical reports to support the needs of the Chancery and Bishop’s Office.
- Maintain rosters of clergy boards and committees.
- Welcomes and offers hospitable reception to visitors and staff.
- Screens and routes phone calls, answers questions, and resolves problems within the scope of authority and responsibility, demonstrating tact, confidentiality, professionalism, and responsive and supportive follow-up.
- Prepares documents and correspondence in English and Spanish with accuracy and cultural sensitivity.
- Maintain files and digital records for records retained by the Office of the Vicar General
- Organize and maintain confidential files.
- Using diocesan protocol, tracks correspondence and maintains proper file retention.
- Assists with planning and coordinating meetings.
- Facilitates financial payments and maintains budget and expenses.
- Coordinates and orders office supply inventory.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Minimum of a Licentiate in Canon Law.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of the Roman Catholic Church, diocesan structures, policies, and practices. Strong alignment with and support of the values, teachings, and traditions of the Catholic Church.
- Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing in English and Spanish.
- Demonstrated discretion in working with highly confidential and sensitive information; and to handle calls and contacts of a sensitive nature specific to the Office of the Vicar General
- Dependable and accurate in completing work assignments in a timely manner; demonstrated initiative in responding to requests and carrying out projects.
- Excellent time management to accomplish successfully diverse and changing workload and responsibilities.
- Excellent skills in preparing and formatting written correspondence and documents.
- Experience and proficiency with a variety of software, including Microsoft Office 365, and data management.
- Professional demeanor and appearance; excellent telephone and interpersonal skills.
- Capacity and enthusiasm for being flexible and collaborative with other staff members.
- Dedicated to providing a highly professional experience and to positively contribute to an office environment and culture of service, respect, confidentiality, empathy, and diplomacy.
- Satisfactory completion of required criminal background and reference checks.
- Completion of Diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
About the Diocese:
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Raleigh employees 2,900 associates across eastern North Carolina. The diocese is comprised of 95 parishes, missions and stations, seven centers for campus ministry and 31 schools and early childhood centers.