Hours Per Week: 40 (M-F / 8-5) (Full-time)
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Raleigh, North Carolina is seeking a Tribunal Director to join the Tribunal. The Director role reports to the Judicial Vicar and is responsible for the daily operations of the Tribunal. This role will act as direct supervisor for the Assistant Director, Case Instructor, and Digital Records Coordinator.
- Review new marriage nullity cases and enter them into CaseMaster (case management program).
- Instruct formal, Pauline Privilege, and ligamen cases as well as preparing sanations.
- Receive inquiries from potential clients and make referrals to regional interviewers.
- Prepare and implement annual advocate formation meetings.
- Prepare appeal cases and submit the cases to the appropriate Tribunal.
- Respond to rogatorial requests from other Tribunals.
- Recruit, train, and supervise regional advocates and interviewers, and serve as an advocate when necessary.
- Prepare annual reports for Roman Rota and Signatura.
- Work with diocesan budget analyst to prepare annual budget.
- Make presentations at parishes regarding the nullity process.
- Interview Petitioners, Respondents, and witnesses as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree is required with a preferred focus in Licentiate of Canon Law (J.C.L.), or a closely related field.
- Must have 5 or more years of experience in a Tribunal environment/role.
- Maintain strict discretion while working with confidential information.
- Good time management and task prioritization skills.
- Ability to work independently in accordance with general plans, policies, and purposes of the department.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Completion of Institute on Matrimonial Tribunal Practice is preferred but not required.
- Experience utilizing CaseMaster Online or the ability to learn CaseMaster Online is required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese is preferred but not required.
- Previous experience in working for the Catholic Church desired.
- Must satisfactorily complete required criminal background and reference checks.
- Must complete the Diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
About the Diocese:
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Raleigh employees 2,900 associates across eastern North Carolina. The diocese is comprised of 95 parishes, missions and stations, seven centers for campus ministry and 31 schools and early childhood centers.