The Catholic Diocese of Raleigh as an immediate need for two (2) Parish Stewardship Representatives to provide consultative services to pastors, parish staff and Stewardship Committees to develop a complete approach to parish stewardship tailored to each parish’s needs. The Parish Stewardship Representative (PSR) will visit parishes across Eastern North Carolina that desire support and maintain monthly contact with all assigned parishes (15-20). Manages entire offertory improvement process including parish stewardship and Bishops Circle events and communications.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively identifies, organizes and directs efforts to build and develop a base of leadership donors. Analyzes existing donor base to identify 100-200 major donors, develops ratings on each donor on the propensity to give, amount to request, and approach to prospective donors.
- Prepares written materials including brochures, marketing materials, correspondence, solicitation materials, acknowledgements, and regular communications as part of the Parish Stewardship Program.
- Responsible for "Diocesan Parish Stewardship Days" to include organizing the event, event promotion, enlisting speakers, and logistics/budget considerations.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of Stewardship Committees to include “train the trainer” training for lay witness presenters for stewardship commitment efforts.
- Maintains notes within Raiser’s Edge of potential donors including dates and times of meetings held with each donor, reporting weekly to Director of Parish Stewardship on personal portfolio activity (15-20 Parishes).
- Meets at least monthly with pastor and pastor’s leadership team.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field
- 1 – 3 years of experience in fundraising/stewardship and marketing
- Experience working in a team environment and strong ability to multi-task required
- Ability to meet deadlines with a strong sense of urgency is necessary
- Ability to work effectively with donors, staff, contractors, and others
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (including Word, Publisher, PowerPoint) and Blackbaud Raiser's Edge
- Excellent quantitative analytical skills and creativity in problem solving
- Practicing Catholic who possess a sound working knowledge of the Catholic faith