Job Description: The Catholic Diocese of Raleigh seeks a temporary part-time intern to work under the supervision of the diocesan archivist. The intern and archivist will design a project to support the intern's educational goals as well as the archivist by performing such functions as digitization, processing records, and preparing metadata. The intern should be a current graduate student in archival or library science, public history, or a related discipline. Remote work is possible. Compensation is $15/hour. There will be no travel. Hours per week and length of internship is negotiable.
Responsibilities: Depending on the project, possible responsibilities might include:
- digitizing analog records to professional standards;
- processing analog records collections;
- preparing metadata according to local standards;
- creating finding aids; and
- preparing presentation, workshop, or exhibit content and materials.
Requirements: The ideal intern must be currently enrolled in a graduate program indicating an interest in archiving. Additionally, the intern should have:
- strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- excellent time management skills and the ability to work independently;
- an interest in religious archiving or learning about and respecting the Catholic Church;
- proficiency in Microsoft Office applications;
- some familiarity with archival software programs, such as ArchiveSpace;
- current residency in North Carolina; and
- ability to lift 40 pounds, tolerate dust and mold.