Diocese of Raleigh
Hours per week: 20-25
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Serve as a communication bridge between the AAMEN community, the Office of Evangelization and Discipleship (OED), and the Catholic Center to ensure support for AAMEN leadership.
- Connect AAMEN leadership to OED formation, training, resources, and support.
- Coordinate periodic meetings of AAMEN Chaplains, AAMEN Chapter(s) leaders or Board/Community leaders.
- Direct annual AAMEN scholarship/tuition assistance, and annual parish ministry grant program.
- Assist the AAMEN leaders in planning the annual Martin Luther King, Jr. observance and other culturally relevant events.
- Serve as liaison with the AAMEN leadership, a diocesan Event Coordinator, and the Office of Divine Worship for liturgies related to the AAMEN community.
- Assist in publicizing AAMEN activity with the diocesan Office of Communications.
- Minimum level of Education: High School Diploma or equivalent education required
- Minimum amount of Work Experience
- Years of related work experience: 1-3 years
- Area of related work experience: Grant and/or Scholarship office, Communications Liaison, or equivalent
- Grant and/or Scholarship administration experience required
- Practicing Catholic in good standing, fully committed to and with advanced knowledge of the mission and tenets of the Catholic Church, and active engagement in a Catholic parish
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite required, including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Some travel, evening, and weekend work required; must be able to secure transportation to meeting sites – up to 25-30% travel (within eastern NC)
- Pastoral leadership experience serving African American and/or African Ancestry communities.
- 5 years of ministry experience working on a professional or volunteer leader basis
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Valid driver license and reliable transportation
Position Start Date: As soon as possible