The Catholic Diocese of Charlotte, N.C., a rapidly growing region, is seeking an experienced professional for the position of Director of Human Resources and Safe Environment. The position develops, plans and executes initiatives based on a strategic vision for HR aligned with the mission of the Diocese of Charlotte. The position supervises a department of five and is responsible for oversight of all HR functions, including the development of personnel policies and procedures to ensure compliance with legal and diocesan requirements, consultation with diocesan entities regarding HR matters, and management of employee benefit programs. The Human Resources Director also has oversight responsibility for the administration of the diocesan Safe Environment programs, including training, screening and recordkeeping functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, or a related field; HRCI and SHRM certifications preferred;
- Have a minimum of ten years’ professional experience in Human Resources management and benefits planning and administration, including three years supervising, managing and evaluating staff;
- Knowledge of applicable employment laws, rules, regulations and payroll practices;
- Knowledge of the Catholic faith and the structures of the Catholic faith;
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, public presentation, computer and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
For more information about the Diocese of Charlotte and this position, please visit https://bit.ly/3r90NRj.