Durham, NC -- Start date Spring/Summer 2024
This executive position is exciting for a mission-inspired, faith-based leader open to new opportunities and challenges. Leaders from a wide variety of professional backgrounds are encouraged to apply. One’s professional path does not need to be in education, but s/he must believe in the power of education to transform lives.
About Cristo Rey Research Triangle High School and the Corporate Work Study Program:
Cristo Rey Research Triangle High School (www.cristoreyrt.org) is a Catholic college preparatory high school that serves young men and women in grades 9 – 12. The school welcomed its inaugural freshman class in 2021 and has grown to 210 students today, with an expectation to grow to 400 students. Cristo Rey Research Triangle is a Jesuit companion school and proudly carries forward the Jesuit tradition of academic excellence, personal growth, and service to others. The campus is located on the Historic American Tobacco Campus in the heart of downtown Durham, North Carolina. One hundred percent of Cristo Rey Research Triangle students participate in the Corporate Work Study program. Corporate Work Study funds 50% of the annual operating budget of approximately $4.5 million. Additional funding comes from the North Carolina Opportunity Scholarship, parent contributions, and fundraising.
About the Cristo Rey Network:
Cristo Rey Research Triangle High School is part of the Cristo Rey Network of 39 high schools located throughout the U.S. Cristo Rey schools empower student formation through the integration of rigorous college preparatory academics, four years of professional work experience, support to and through college, and Catholic educational values. Cristo Rey students earn money towards their own private education through the Corporate Work Study program.
Hours Per Week: 40+ (Full-time)
About the Position:
The President will lead the school community in four primary areas: spiritual leadership, overall program excellence, financial strength, and external engagement. The role is largely external facing and forward looking. S/He will be a high-profile ambassador for the school in the business, philanthropic, and faith communities of Durham, Raleigh, and Chapel Hill and will focus on community engagement, strategic planning, organizational development, fundraising, and financial sustainability.
The President will be hired by and report to Cristo Rey Research Triangle High School’s Board of Directors. S/He will lead a team that includes the following direct reports: Principal, Director of Development, Director of Corporate Work Study, Director of Admissions, and the Chief Financial Officer. Other stakeholder groups with whom the President will be expected to maintain strong relationships include the Cristo Rey Network, Diocese of Raleigh, faculty/staff, students and parents, donors, and the greater Research Triangle community.
- Minimum level of Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum amount of Work Experience:
- Years of related work experience: 10+ years
- Area of related work experience: Executive Leadership, Education, Religious Education
- Practicing Catholic who embraces the Catholic Church’s teachings on social justice.
- Articulate and inspirational communicator.
- Management experience, including team building and staff development.
- Fundraising and business development.
- Networking and relationship-building, both internal and external.
- Experience working with communities with limited economic resources.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with diverse communities.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Spanish speaking is a plus, but not a requirement.