Hours per week: 40 (full time)
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
Instructional Practice & Student Development:
- Teach sections of Math II and Math III to our sophomore class.
- Plan for instruction of assigned courses in the assigned content area by developing annual, unit, and lesson plans aligned with the network’s standards-based curriculum and the individual needs of their students.
- Help each young man and woman develop into a respectful, responsible young adult who grows in faith and commitment to service by setting high expectations for student development of grade-level proficiency and college-readiness. Integrate character and leadership development into curriculum.
- Maintain a consistent classroom environment aligned with school disciplinary policies to support academic, social, emotional, spiritual, and physical development of every student.
- Differentiate instruction to allow students with differing learning styles to access course content. Utilize classroom technology and other available resources to engage students’ learning. Provide instructional and assessment accommodations for students according to official academic accommodation plans.
- Communicate regularly with parents/families to share academic progress and develop a supportive home-school relationship. Update grades, in alignment with school-wide grading policies, at least once weekly.
- Serve as a moderator of at least one student club/activity or a coach of an athletic team.
- Participate in the school’s professional learning community, collaborating with colleagues to analyze student work and teaching practice. Help to create a reflective learning organization for both students and adults.
- Bring a growth mindset to weekly or bi-weekly coaching sessions.
- A bachelor's degree in education, or a related field.
- A strong work ethic and dedication to the Cristo Rey mission and values: Faith and Justice, Respect and Care, Responsibility and Commitment.
- Competency in designing and implementing curricula to serve a heterogeneous student population diverse in culture, religion, and ability.
- Ability to connect with culturally and linguistically diverse students and their families.
- Knowledge of best practices in secondary education.
- Ability to build strong relationships, collaborate, and cultivate a loving, joyful school culture.
- Demonstrated ability to operate with a growth mindset and seek opportunities for feedback.
- Satisfactory completion of criminal background and reference checks.
- Completion of diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- Prior successful high school teaching experience with traditionally underserved students.
- Experience with teaching students in need of significant academic support.
- Experience working with English language learners.
Parish or school background information:
Cristo Rey Research Triangle High School is a 9-12 Catholic, Jesuit learning community that educates young people to become men and women of faith, purpose, and service. Through a rigorous college preparatory curriculum, integrated with a professional work study experience, students graduate ready to succeed in college and in life. Cristo Rey Research Triangle High School is part of the largest network of high schools in the country that exclusively support underserved youth. Cristo Rey Research Triangle High School is scheduled to welcome freshmen to its campus in the summer of 2021. Classes for sophomores, juniors, and seniors will be added one year at a time towards a full capacity of 400 students by fall of 2024.
Position Start Date: 07/18/2022