Hours Per Week: 40 (Full-time)
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
Instructional Practice & Student Development
- Teach sections of English to our junior class.
- Plan for instruction of assigned courses in the assigned content area by developing annual, unit, and lesson plans aligned with the network’s standards-based curriculum and the individual needs of their students.
- Help each young man and woman develop into a respectful, responsible young adult who grows in faith and commitment to service by setting high expectations for student development of grade-level proficiency and college-readiness. Integrate character and leadership development into curriculum.
- Maintain a consistent classroom environment aligned with school disciplinary policies to support academic, social, emotional, spiritual, and physical development of every student.
- Participate in the school’s professional learning community, collaborating with colleagues to analyze student work and teaching practice. Help to create a reflective learning organization for both students and adults.
- Bring a growth mindset to weekly or bi-weekly coaching sessions.
- A bachelor's degree in English, education, or a related field.
- A strong work ethic and dedication to the Cristo Rey mission and values: Faith and Justice, Respect and Care, Responsibility and Commitment.
- Ability to build strong relationships, collaborate, and cultivate a loving, joyful school culture.
- Demonstrated ability to operate with a growth mindset and seek opportunities for feedback.
Position Start Date: 08/6/2023
Posting Expiry Date: When filled.
Parish or school background information:
Cristo Rey Research Triangle High School is a 9-12 Catholic, Jesuit learning community that educates young people to become men and women of faith, purpose, and service. Through a rigorous college preparatory curriculum, integrated with a professional work study experience, students graduate ready to succeed in college and in life. Cristo Rey Research Triangle High School is part of the largest network of high schools in the country that exclusively support underserved youth. Cristo Rey Research Triangle High School welcomed freshmen to its campus in the summer of 2021. Classes for sophomores, juniors, and seniors are being added one year at a time towards a full capacity of 400 students by fall of 2024.