The Director of Business Services of is a member of the Leadership Team and oversees the finances, the human resources, and the building and grounds of both the High School and the Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP). S/he also collaborates with the Principal to oversee the IT department. S/he works closely with the President and the other members of the Leadership Team to establish direction for Cristo Rey Research Triangle High School and to ensure excellent stewardship of the organization’s resources.
Hours Per Week: min. 40
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees all financial activities for the High School and CWSP. This includes:
- Prepares annual operating budget for submission to the President and Board of Directors.
- Prepares annual capital budget for submission to the President and Board of Directors.
- Develops and maintains a 3-5 year budget plan.
- Oversees day-to-day financial operations such as payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and collections activities.
- Maintains weekly cash flow and 12-month forecast of cash flow.
- Oversees an annual external audit process.
- Directs the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports for the President, the Leadership Team, the Board of Directors, the Cristo Rey Network, and others, as requested.
- Collaborates with the Director of Development to track, and report on, restricted funds.
- Administrates banking, investment, and credit card accounts.
- Manages and maintains vendor relationships, including food services, janitorial, auditing, payroll, building maintenance and repair, capital project vendors, benefits providers, etc.
- Supervises building upkeep, asset procurement and maintenance (including furniture, vehicles, equipment and technology).
- Coordinates any capital or building projects as needed.
- Serves as a member of the school’s leadership team and advises the President on operations, school policies, budget matters and other items related to the administration of the school.
- Participates in general and committee meetings of the Board of Directors and implements directives as delegated by the President.
- Oversees the National School Lunch Program, Federal Schools and Libraries (eRate) Program, and other federal and state programs, as necessary.
- Maintains local and state licensing and permits for the school (food service, health, fire, etc.).
- Serves as human resources representative for the high school and CWSP. This includes:
- Works closely with Archdiocesan Human Resources personnel.
- Maintains employee personnel files.
- Maintains updated job descriptions for all employees.
- Relays timely and relevant information to faculty and staff concerning benefits.
- Fields any human resource complaints or grievances and mediates as needed.
- Oversees onboarding, orientation and child protection training for all new employees.
- Conducts exit interviews and ensures proper extension of benefits for outgoing employees.
- Resolves other Human Resource issues as needed.
- Partners with the Principal to oversee the Technology department. This includes:
- Collaborates with IT staff members to create, update, and implement an organization-wide technology plan.
- Oversees the Erate program
- Understands the needs for IT infrastructure, software, and devices and identifies available funding sources to maintain appropriate technology, both in the classroom and for administrative staff.
- Ensure the presence and functionality of appropriate technology to maintain the security of the students, staff, building and grounds.
- Performs other duties and special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of successful work experience in business administration or finance.
- Experience with Human Resource management required.
- Experience with facilities management preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel in particular, and database management.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks or other non-profit accounting software.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is helpful, but not required.
- Ability to manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously.
- High level of organization and the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to effectively manage, lead and motivate staff members.
- Commitment to the Cristo Rey Research Triangle High School Vision and Mission
- Knowledge of the Catholic faith, beliefs and practices.
- Sensitivity to the ethnic, racial and religious backgrounds of students, family and staff.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral, with a wide range of stakeholders.