The full-time Advancement Director reports to the President and works as a member of the CRRTHS executive leadership team. The position is responsible for developing relationships with donors and the surrounding community to support the financial and material needs of the school. Provide supervision of the activities that create a supportive climate for philanthropy and volunteerism. This is all in an effort to advance the mission, vision and values of Cristo Rey Research Triangle High School.
The Director of Advancement’s primary responsibilities include: Plan, manage and implement all development fundraising initiatives;
Plan, manage and implement annual giving, major gifts, campaigns, grants, and events. This includes, but is not limited to: prospect identification and research, cultivation, solicitation, gift processing, and acknowledgements;
- Promote understanding, acceptance and support of the vision, mission, and objectives of the school;
- Work closely with the advancement committee of the School Board to set and achieve goals and objectives;
- Provide guidance to the marketing and communications functions of the school with external resources.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required (Master’s preferred), with a minimum of 5 years of successful major gift development or related experience
- Ability to appreciate and communicate a passion for Catholic college preparatory education
- Demonstrated leadership and effectiveness in developing and accomplishing organizational goals
- Ability to build a team, effectively recruiting and managing volunteers
- Superior communication skills, ability to conceptualize and execute strategic plans, the ability to interact confidently and effectively with school staff, students, donors, trustees, school administration, the media and alumni
- Experience in a faith-based school or not-for-profit environment preferred.