The Director of Recruitment & Admissions is responsible for
(1) Recruiting qualified students to apply to the school
(2) Directing the Recruitment & Admissions Process from point of inquiry to enrollment
(3) Supervising staff and volunteers.
(4) Managing the Office of Recruitment & Admissions
(5) Ad hoc projects assigned by the President.
- Designs and implements a comprehensive strategic plan of admissions of new students to the school;
- Accomplish the school’s enrollment goals and objectives;
- Designs, establishes, and maintains a departmental operating structure that effectively accomplishes the school’s goals and objectives;
- Evaluates continually and redesigns where appropriate all aspects of the admissions program with the goal of maintain a capacity enrollment of qualified and mission-consistent students and a wait-list of qualified applicants;
- Represents the school at conferences related to admissions and to the local community.
- Develops and oversees admissions appropriate admissions marketing materials, ads, mailings, web pages, and publications that promote the school to prospective students;
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with Catholic feeder schools, local public and charter middle schools, churches, and other organizations that can be helpful in attracting quality students;
- Proactively visits feeder schools;
- Works with organizations, attends events and school fairs;
- Presents the school to parents and students during visits to middle schools, churches, and organizations, or through media placements;
- Initiates and oversees activities, such as Open Houses and Shadow Days, intended to interest parents and potential supporters in enrolling students to the school;
- Develops, continuously evaluates, and revises the student application and relevant processes;
- Organizes and coordinates student interviews, including training faculty and staff who will assist with conducting interviews;
- Chairs meetings of the Admissions Committee;
- Organizes and administers income verification and the program for financial aid;
- Communicates with students and parents throughout the admissions process.
Enrollment and Re-enrollment
- Coordinates teambuilding and welcome activities for accepted students;
- Organizes student registration meetings;
- Coordinates communication with families prior to starting school;
- Manages the re-enrollment of current students for the succeeding year with constant monitoring of attrition and retention.
- Bachelor’s degree with experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified;
- Exceptionally organized, able to create strong systems and process with limited support;
- Experience and comfort with setting aggressive, quantitative goals and reporting regularly on progress;
- Commitment to the Mission and Values of Cristo Rey;
- A flexible, self-starter, with the ability to motivate others, who is goal-oriented;
- Outstanding organizational skills and an ability to strategize procedures;
- Outstanding interpersonal and community relations skill and the ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community. Ability to effectively maintain communication with students and families that are interested in applying to the school;
- Proven ability to effectively present to large groups;
- Ability to track and understand data;
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials;
- Ability to foster a collaborative work environment;
- Experience with high school admissions a plus. However, the Cristo Rey admissions model is unique and highly dependent on recruiting;
- Bilingual in Spanish and English, preferred.