Cristo Rey High School in Research Triangle
Research Triangle of North Carolina
Hours per week: 40
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Represents the school internally and externally, communicating the mission and programs of Cristo Rey High School in the Research Triangle to the school’s various public, including working with parent groups and representing the school at civic, religious and other public functions.
- Provides spiritual leadership to permeate students, faculty and staff with the fundamental Catholic values and beliefs of Cristo Rey High School’s mission.
- Communicates the mission and goals of Cristo Rey High School in the Research Triangle clearly and enthusiastically.
- Works closely with the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors; communicates clearly and timely on matters impacting the school; is a member of all standing committees and participates in their meetings; and provides assistance in setting various agendas.
- The President is responsible for collaborating effectively with the Board Chair and other members of Board leadership to ensure that the Board of Directors is properly supported by the school administration and is comprised of members who can help the school achieve its mission.
- Pursuant to the Board-approved budget, provide final approval for financial affairs, including the management and use of scholarship and endowment funds, tuition and fee schedules, debt service and bank negotiations. Pursuant to the school bylaws and directives of the Board of Directors, approve expenditures beyond those already provided for in the approved budget.
- Ensures that appropriate accounting systems and internal controls are in place and maintained and provides regular financial reports to the Directors of all funds and assets of the Corporation and all income and expenditures pertaining to its operations.
- Pursuant to the annual operating budget approved by the school’s Board of Directors, determine the school’s organizational structure and give final approval of the faculty/ staff salary scales, stipends and benefit packages.
- Provides support and leadership in the ongoing efforts to secure and retain corporate job sponsors, which is vital to the financial success of the school’s mission.
- Serve as the school’s liaison and follows the 10 Cristo Rey Network Mission Effectiveness Standards and Mission Statement.
- Serve as the school’s chief fundraiser. Approve all fundraising and advancement projects and events, including annual and special fundraising campaigns, all public relations and marketing.
- Ensures that the right people are hired and retained for the right positions and supports them in their growth and professional development.
- Delegates responsibility and authority appropriately to others and holds them accountable for achieving results.
- Minimum level of Education: Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s preferred
- Area of Work Experience
- President must be committed to education reform – particularly for traditionally underserved students.
- Preferably, previous experience in the education sector and/or the sensibilities and perspective necessary to validate his/her leadership in a school.
- Awareness of and commitment to the Catholic traditions of education, service and social justice; the credibility to lead and represent a Catholic organization with integrity, and facility for working well with diverse Catholic church leaders, lay and clerical.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills including proven ability to engage and inspire a wide range of stakeholders, build creative and mutually beneficial relationships within the philanthropic, corporate, public, and nonprofit sectors.
- Proven fundraising and/or revenue generating success, preferably in the non-profit sector and with foundations.
- Significant visionary leadership and management experience, with demonstrated success in addressing immediate organizational needs but driving toward longer-term goals with buy-in from all stakeholders.
- The executive presence to inspire organizational and professional confidence, passion and persistence in an ambitious, fast-paced, and results-oriented period of growth, all while maintaining a positive work environment.
- The maturity and wisdom required to optimize Board members’ engagement in the mission.
- Strategic planning experience and execution capabilities.
- Strong budget management skills.
- Urban experience with people of limited income.
- Corporate Work Study Director
Position Start Date: 01/01/2020