Hours Per Week: 40 (Full-time)
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
The Catholic Hoos, a ministry of St. Thomas Aquinas University Parish in Charlottesville, VA, is seeking an Associate Director of Campus Ministry. This full-time position requires residency in close proximity to Charlottesville, VA. The responsibilities include:
- Working with the priest-chaplain, parish staff and student leaders to provide direction and guidance to the campus ministry. This includes development of themes for the semester / year as well as specific support for regular events (retreats, community events, catechesis, service opportunities, etc.) and special events (periodic outreach efforts, large lectures, etc.).
- Serve as a support and resource to those students in matters both practical and spiritual.
- Collaborate with the priest-chaplain on the administrative duties of the campus ministry. This includes proposing and managing the budget, working as the liaison between the students and other staff members, organizations, and ministries associated with St. Thomas Aquinas University Parish, the University of Virginia, and the Diocese of Richmond.
- This position upholds and maintains the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, the ordinances of the Diocese of Richmond, and the ordinances, mission, and values of the Order of Preachers, Province of St. Joseph.
Catholic Hoos is a ministry of St. Thomas Aquinas University Parish in Charlottesville, VA. It is a Roman Catholic parish of the Diocese of Richmond entrusted to the Dominican Friars of the Province of St. Joseph. This parish ministers to students, faculty, and staff of the University of Virginia as well as alumni, families, friends, and visitors to Charlottesville, VA. Catholic Hoos exists to answer the deepest desires of the spiritually impoverished at the University of Virginia. This is accomplished by invitations to encounter Jesus Christ via the sacraments, bible studies, a virtuous community, and charitable service opportunities.
This position requires possession of average (or above) aptitude in the following areas:
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of the Catholic faith;
- Capacity to teach the Catholic faith;
- Volunteer management;
- Budget management;
- Crisis management;
- Experience in relational ministry;
- Ability to lead from a place of authenticity and vulnerability; and
- Maturity and self-confidence.
- Employment is contingent upon applicant satisfactorily passing criminal background and reference checks.
- Must complete diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years of experience demonstrated in ministry.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
Supervises (If applicable):
- This position directly supervises student leaders.
- This position receives direct supervision from the priest-chaplain.