Catholic Diocese of Richmond
Hours per week 35+
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Provide compassionate outreach to victim survivors of sexual misconduct of church personnel of the Diocese of Richmond.
- The Victim Assistance Coordinator will assist the Director of Safe Environment with the implementation of the Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People and the Diocesan Safe Environment Regulations and develop and implement healing programming to support victim survivors on their path of healing.
- The Victim Assistance Coordinator will provide other support to the Office of Safe Environment as required.
- Minimum level of Education - Bachelor’s degree in counseling, social work, or other human service related field
- Minimum amount of Work Experience
- Years of related work experience
- Area of related work experience
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in counseling, social work, or other human service related field with a minimum education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities of the subject matter.
- Other qualifications include strong oral and written communication and ability to work under deadlines.
- Experience in working with victims and an understanding of stages of victimization and healing process is desired.