Hours per week: 35
The Regional Director is responsible for providing strategic direction and leadership to the regional office; developing and maintaining engagement between Catholic Charities and a variety of critical constituencies (e.g., Catholic clergy, parishioners, volunteers, donors/benefactors, corporations, foundations, funders, people of good will, and the public at large); securing resources needed to maintain and expand office and agency services and operations; directing the delivery of programs and services and implementing community outreach in keeping with the mission of Catholic Charities; interpreting and implementing agency policy in the provision of programs and services.
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Secures financial and human resources needed to maintain and expand office and agency services and operations. This includes but is not limited to organizing fundraisers, cultivating relationships with donors, partnering with Catholic parishes, submitting contract and grant applications, and developing communication streams with local constituents.
- Directs delivery of agency programs and services in the region; identifies needs, and plans, organizes, and coordinates regional office programming and administrative activities; ensures that activities are conducted in accordance with established policies, procedures, professional standards and contractual requirements, and the mission of Catholic Charities.
- Prepares and administers the regional budget; ensures that expenditures are consistent with established budgetary goals and constraints.
- Maintains and supports local advisory board.
- Represents Catholic Charities in the region; provides liaison with local clergy, parishioners, benefactors, Diocesan groups, other area agencies, and the public; identifies and addresses needs consistent with the policies and philosophy of the agency; communicates agency policies, programs, and services; develops volunteer resources; participates or directs staff in association with local committees, boards, and professional organizations.
- Participates in the evaluation of agency services and in strategic planning toward the accomplishment of the agency mission; participates in the planning and execution of the agency’s Continuous Quality Improvement system.
- Selects and supervises staff; plans and organizes work; develops and establishes work methods and standards; conducts and/or participates in staff training and development; reviews and evaluates employee performance; executes disciplinary action.
- Participates in staff meetings, staff training, and development activities as directed.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Directs the maintenance of local Agency facilities and equipment in accordance with established standards and operating requirements.
- Minimum level of Education: Graduate degree preferred (with at least an undergraduate degree required)
- Minimum amount of Work Experience
- Years of related work experience: Minimum of five years of relevant experience
- Area of related work experience:
- Skill required to: direct the operations of a regional social services office; execute responsibilities in keeping with established policies, standards, legal and contractual requirements; promote agency programs and provide public relations; participate in the planning and evaluation of agency programs and services; prepare and administer budgets; prepare reports and make presentations; establish and maintain effective working relationships; supervise assigned staff.
- Ability to work closely with Catholic clergy, parishioners, and Diocesan groups.
- Ability to communicate with fluency, orally and in writing, in the English language.
- Authentic affinity for the ministry of Catholic Charities in service to those most in need and advocacy on their behalf.
- An entrepreneurial, results-driven style with ability to lead, manage, and be accountable.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills as well as the ability to function in a high demand arena.
- Commitment to the use of data and quantifiable metrics in analysis, goal-setting, planning, and reporting.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and current social media outlets.
- Possess and maintain throughout employment in this position ability to travel throughout the 46-county service area of Catholic Charities and occasionally out-of-state.
Working Environment: Responsibilities of the Regional Director involve travel (including overnight) and work beyond the regularly scheduled workday
Position Start Date: 08/01/2021