Hours Per Week: Varies (Part-time) - This position is a contract-based position. It is paid on a per-audit basis.
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- Plan and conduct financial, operational, and compliance parish/school audit fieldwork including introductory and exit conferences with pastors/pastoral administrators.
- Test revenue and expense cycles and perform interviews of clergy, staff and volunteers.
- Assist the audit manager with planning and conducting financial, operation, and compliance diocesan audit fieldwork.
- Prepare audit work papers and draft audit reports for presentation to and discussion of findings with audit manager.
- Employment is contingent upon applicant satisfactorily passing criminal background and reference checks.
- Must complete diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- Minimum level of Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Minimum amount of Work Experience: 7-9 years
- Years of related work experience: At least 3 years
- Area of related work experience: Auditing
- Professional demeanor reflective of the values and mission of the Diocese of Raleigh.
- Highly organized with an attention to detail and ability to apply audit concepts and techniques and critical thinking.
- Ability and flexibility to manage multiple priorities and off-site audits.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to maintain objectivity, confidentiality and impartiality.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships across all levels within the organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, in particular MS Excel and Word.
- Proficiency with audit management software, such as TeamMate, OnSpring, AutoAudit, Workiva, etc.
- Ability to travel throughout the Diocese to conduct audits (approximately 30-40%).
- Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Public Accountant or Certified Fraud Examiner designation is a plus.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) skills are a plus.
Position Start Date: as soon as possible.