Hours per week: 40
Under the general supervision of the Director of Marriage and Family Life, the Marriage and Family Coordinator serves the Catholic community of Eastern North Carolina by supporting parish leaders and parishioners mainly in areas related to Marriage, Family and Fertility Awareness, providing such support to the Catholic Community in the area.
- Carries out the administrative duties related to his/her main job requirements such as emails, phone calls, forms submittals, etc.
- Responds to the needs of parishes by providing prompt response, or training for parish leaders or formation for couples.
- Coordinates, runs and supports different activities related to marriage, family and fertility awareness, mainly under the format of workshops
- Runs and coordinates communication campaigns through different media channels.
- Coordinates the diocesan Wedding Anniversary Mass
- Participates and leads people in prayer and worship.
- Proclaims the Gospel with word and action, and shares the kerygma intentionally.
Requirements: Bachelor's degree in Theology, Family Studies, or related, and at least 1-3 years working with pastoral ministry at a parish or diocesan level.
Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the church.
Must be willing to travel and work outside of regular business hours as scheduled.
Knowledge of and commitment to Catholic teachings and practices. Professional demeanor reflective of the values and mission of the Diocese of Raleigh. Discretion and prudence in maintaining confidentiality with sensitive information. Proficient in current technologies, including Microsoft Office, and willingness to learn new technologies as appropriate. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others, and to work effectively with a wide diversity of people from different ethnic backgrounds. Public speaking experience. Highly organized, with attention to detail. Experience required in event organization. Openness to learn and being coached. Customer oriented.