Hours per week: 40
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Instruct students in all Diocese of Raleigh curriculum areas for the grade level
- Integrate technology into classes
- Create service opportunities for students that enhance understanding of the mission of our parish and school communities
- Understand the content, create cross-curricular connections, and design instructional plans that include higher order thinking
- Collaborate with colleagues and administration in order to provide successful educational experiences for students
- Partner with Instructional Teaching Assistant in all aspects of classroom instruction
- Candidates must have prior K-6 teaching experience
- Current NC teaching licensure
- Successful completion of diocesan background check
- Experience utilizing best practices for student learning
- Be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church
- Have experience with and/or a desire to fully implement 21st century teaching practices such as standards-based grading, project-based learning, technology integration, and personalized learning.
Established in 1909, Cathedral School is part of the education ministry of the Catholic community of Holy Name of Jesus parish in Raleigh, NC. Our school provides a loving, nurturing learning environment that embraces the Gospel values of the Roman Catholic faith.
Position Start Date: 08/07/2019