Hours Per Week: 40 (Full-time)
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- Performs the necessary duties to assist in the assessment, planning and implementation of a math and reading intervention program that will help students develop proficient reading and math skills that will contribute to their academic growth.
- Consult frequently with classroom teachers on matters relating to reading and mathematics instruction using a progress-monitoring instrument as a base.
- Help teachers diagnose reading and mathematics strengths and weaknesses and match these skills with appropriate techniques and materials.
- Design schedule for student support to include both small group and individual instructional opportunities.
- Assist in administration of assessments for students requiring special accommodations.
- Keep the parents informed as to the purposes and progress.
- Work with the classroom teacher to monitor student progress.
- Perform other responsibilities as may, from time to time, be assigned by school administration.
- Employment is contingent upon applicant satisfactorily passing criminal background and reference checks.
- Must complete diocese-sponsored Safe Environment Training within 60 days of hire.
- Minimum level of Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Elementary or Secondary Education.
- NC licensure in elementary education, or reading specialist and/or special education.
- Minimum amount of Work Experience
- Years of related work experience 3+ years.
- Area of related work experience:
Position Start Date: 08/01/2023