Hours per week: 40
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Integrate values and attitudes that guide students in evaluating and applying content in the light of Gospel teachings
- Effectively implement a grade-level appropriate curriculum and demonstrate mastery of subject-area content based upon the Diocese of Raleigh Standards and Instruction for Early Childhood Centers.
- Incorporate the seamless integration of technology and naturally infuse 21st Century skills in lessons that support the school’s instructional program
- Develop and deliver instruction to Pre-Kindergarten 4-year-old students in a developmentally-appropriate learning environment that supports both academic, religious, and social-emotional growth
- Exhibit a strong sense of personal accountability for student achievement and high expectations for student behavior and learning
- Cultivate ongoing communication and positive relationships with parents, students, colleagues, and Administration
- Contribute to a positive Catholic school culture driven by continuous professional and spiritual growth, the striving for academic excellence, and a commitment to collegial collaboration
- Minimum level of Education Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education
- Minimum amount of Work Experience
- Years of related work experience 3 or more years of teaching experience
- Area of related work experience Education/Teaching
- Hold a current Birth - Kindergarten North Carolina Teaching License, or an equivalent out-of-state license
Since its founding in 1909, Cathedral School has played a dynamic role in the North Carolina educational community. It was the first school in North Carolina to educate Native American children. It was also the first Catholic School to integrate when high school students from St. Monica’s School began attending Cathedral School in the 1950’s. Even today, Cathedral School is recognized as the hallmark of ethnic and racial diversity among Raleigh’s private schools.
In addition to its commitment to cultural and ethnic diversity, Cathedral School continues to maintain a valued tradition of academic excellence. Faculty and staff are dedicated to providing a challenging, yet positive, learning environment to support the academic, technological, and social preparedness to each of their 238 students in Grades PK - 8.
Position Start Date: 08/2021