Hours per week: Full-time (40)
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Serving as a role model of the faith by assisting the chaplain in leading the spiritual development of the school in liturgy, daily prayer and academic programs.
- Complying with diocesan policies and procedures as mandated by the Superintendent of the Catholic Schools Office.
- Acting as ambassador for the school to all constituencies including faculty, staff, students, parents, alumni, parishes, local feeder schools, neighbors and business communities.
- Managing the financial and business affairs of the school, including: operational supervision of facilities, maintenance, food service, fund-raising, enrollment and tuition.
- Ensuring that the school mission and instructional program are being effectively implemented in each classroom.
- Monitoring the school’s instructional and operational accountability, including collecting, analyzing, and reporting school and student performance data.
- Utilizing data for development of long range planning and to drive decision-making.
- Planning professional development of faculty including goal setting and periodic evaluation.
- Minimum level of Education: A Master’s degree or higher in Educational Administration/Supervision or an equivalent is required.
- Minimum amount of Work Experience
- Years of related work experience: 3 years of administrative experience is preferred
- Area of related work experience
- As a spiritual leader in the school, the candidate must be a practicing Catholic who actively promotes, supports and upholds the teachings of the Catholic Church in word and deed.
- The candidate must have or be eligible for a North Carolina principal’s license.
- The ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with a variety of school and local stakeholders is essential.
Bishop McGuinness Catholic High School in Kernersville, NC seeks a dynamic and visionary candidate for the position of principal. Bishop McGuinness is a Catholic, college prep, co-educational school for students in 9th-12th grade operating under the direction of the Diocese of Charlotte. The 42 acre campus is located in the heart of the Triad, just minutes from downtown Greensboro, Winston-Salem and High Point and draws students from five area Catholic parish schools as well as local public, charter, and independent schools. The motto of the school is "Excel that you might better serve" and the mission of the school is to develop students holistically and equip them to live and serve in a complex world in need of peace, love, and justice.
The Principal reports directly to the Superintendent of Catholic Schools, and as an active member of the diocesan educational community, is expected to promote the larger mission and vision of the diocesan school system and work collaboratively with other principals to further Catholic education. The Mission of the Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Charlotte is to proclaim the Good News of the Gospel and to provide a religious and academic program that allows each student to develop spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, physically and socially, so that each is prepared to live and serve in a changing society as a self-respecting citizen.
Position Start Date: August 2020