20 Hours per week
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- Teaches general music to ECC-8th grade including harmony, appreciation, history, and ensemble according to the Diocese of Raleigh Curriculum
- Utilizes repertoire of all types of music literature, including liturgical, traditional and contemporary that are appropriate for the ages and skill levels of students.
- Provides opportunities for music ensembles including band, choir & musicals.
- Plans, rehearses, and directs students in two musical programs for school and community (Christmas Program and Talent Show)
- Differentiate music curriculum to meet the needs of the individual student and the student body.
- Plans a balanced music program, and organizes daily class time so that preparation, rehearsal and instruction can be accomplished within the allotted time.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior to provide an orderly, productive environment during practice, group rehearsals, and music performances.
- Evaluates each student’s musical growth and contribution to the performance of the group that allows everyone to contribute.
- Communicates clearly with parents and school faculty/staff on the progress of individual students through progress reports and report cards.
- Maintains care/responsibility for school-owned music, musical instruments, and equipment to prevent loss or abuse.
- Cooperation with Principal and staff in providing musical programs for school assemblies, open house, parent meetings and seasonal programs.
- Minimum BA in Music or Music Education
- Experience with and understanding of Catholic liturgical music; ability to coordinate music for school Masses
- Ability to work with student musicians at all skill levels
- Strong instrumental skills, including piano accompaniment
For over 60 years, Annunciation Catholic School has proudly served the Havelock area. We are accredited by Advance Ed (formerly the Southern Association of Schools). We are members of the National Catholic Education Association, the Chamber of Commerce and the local Rotary Club
From its humble beginnings, Annunciation Catholic School has made Religious Education an integral part of the whole child, continually working to develop a sense of personal responsibility. Students are called to awareness of their unique God-given talents and challenged to achieve in an academically rigorous curriculum.
ACS is proud to offer to our students a variety of co-curricular and extracurricular activities, including membership in the National Junior Honor Society, Interact/Campus Ministry, athletics, after school clubs, and Fine Arts. We offer a before school and after school program called STACK.
Parish and community members are frequent volunteers in our school. We have a strong relationship with the Marine Corps Air Station at Cherry Point, which provides numerous opportunities for our students.
Position Start Date: 08/01/2020