Catholic Charities provides counseling services (PDF) for those with troubled marriages.
The Third Option
The Third Option is a skill-based group program that provides ongoing support for marriages. Designed for troubled marriages, it can help all marriages.
Each session is facilitated by trained volunteers. Participants can start anytime in the process. There is no cost for the program.
Sessions are found at the following locations:
- St. Patrick in Fayetteville
- Contact person: Beth O’Leary, firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Bernadette in Fuquay-Varina
Contact person: Jeannie Driver, Jeanne.email@example.com
Retrouvaille™ (pronounced re-tro-vi with a long i) is a French word meaning rediscovery. The program, aptly named, provides the tools needed to rediscover a loving marriage relationship.
The Retrouvaille Program is a weekend experience followed by 6-12 post-weekend sessions which span 3 months. The emphasis of the program is placed on communication in marriage between husband and wife. You will have the opportunity to rediscover each other and to examine your lives together in both a new and positive way. For more information, please call: 1-800-470-2230, visit the website at www.retrouvaille.org; or contact Bill & Luann Roche, Coordinators for Retrouvaille of NC, at 434-793-0242 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Alexander House
The Alexander House shares the burden of troubled marriages by providing assistance to couples that are seeking redemption and restoration in their marriage. As we teach couples God’s plan for marriage, we help them to turn to Jesus, the best person from whom to learn how to handle the crosses that come their way and begin to live out a Christ centered marriage. It is in doing this that they begin to experience the beauty and joy that God intended for their marriage. It is also our mission to teach couples preparing for marriage how to put Christ at the center from the very beginning and provide enrichment for couples seeking to keep their marriage strong. The Cyrenian Cross illustrates the way in which we are able to assist those who come to us in need of help for their marriage. Explanation of the Cyrenian Cross:
- TAHA is at the bottom because it is the foundation that supports the services we provide.
- The arrows represent how each of the services work with the others to ensure no one is left unaided. Regardless of a couple’s situation we are able to assist them.
- Through Marriage Disciples we are able to assist couples with preparing, enriching or restoring their marriage.
- Through Professional Marriage and Family Therapy we provide therapy for couples who may be experiencing more difficult circumstances in their relationships that require professional help.
- Through Healing Hearts we offer support to individuals and couples who are need of restoring the order, place and purpose for which we were created for spiritually. Services are personalized to suit everyone’s needs.
Reclaim Sexual Health
Reclaim Sexual Health offers a science-based Catholic Online Recovery Program and other resources for those who desire to reclaim God’s plan for their lives and the lives of loved ones impacted by pornography or other unhealthy sexual behaviors.
The Reclaim Sexual Health Online Recovery Program provides a unique integration of Theology of the Body, The Brain Science of Change, proven cognitive tools, accountability, group support, faith practices and prayer all in one, online community. Working at your own pace in an anonymous and safe environment, you can begin to change your unhealthy sexual behaviors and reclaim God’s original plan for your life and your sexuality.