St. Thomas More Academy
Hours per week: 8
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- Serve as swim coach for small co-ed swim team from Oct. 29 through State Championship Meet (scheduled Feb. 11).
- Design and Manage 75 minute swim practice at Millbrook Exchange Park at least 4 days per week. No practice during Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks.
- Assist Athletic Director with selecting swim meets for team to attend.
- Set meet lineups and travel with team to 6-8 regional high school swim meets.
- Serve as exemplar of Catholic values in formation of high school youth on the team.
- Attend and complete Diocesan Safe Environment Training (Diocese of Raleigh).
- Minimum level of Education: High School Diploma. Coaching experience preferred.
Minimum amount of Work Experience: 1-3 years
- Years of related work experience: 1-3 years
- Area of related work experience: Athletics, Coaching, Physical Education, or related area preferred
- Some experience as a Swimming coach at the high school or college level preferred.
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess some knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.
- Former high school swimmer/athlete preferred
- Swim coach or instructor experience (any level) preferred
Position Start Date: 10/29/2018
Send resume and letter of interest to: (email@example.com)