Seeking Catholic School Principal for 2017-2018 School Year
St. Egbert Catholic School in Morehead City, North Carolina, seeks a caring and creative principal to lead our school community, which is among the most important ministries of the Catholic Community of St. Egbert Parish. The principal will further us in our quest to develop as a community of disciples by helping to strengthen our students, faculty, staff and parents in developing their relationship with Jesus Christ, who stands at the heart of our school.
The mission of St. Egbert Catholic School is to provide an exceptional education for each learner in a God-centered environment through a community focused on spiritual development, academic pursuits, and service to others.
Our school was founded in 1956 and is accredited by AdvancedEd. The current enrollment is 128 students in our PreK - 5th Grade School.
- The candidate must be a practicing Catholic who embraces Catholic values and seeks an exceptional opportunity to build upon the success of the school. He or she must have demonstrated successful experience in spiritual leadership, school finances, stewardship and institutional advancement.
- The candidate must be an experienced school leader, inspiring and committed to advancing/enriching the school's mission in an environment that cultivates faith formation respecting the interdenominational nature of our community, technology advancement, and promotes academic excellence to students.
- The candidate should have a Master's Degree in Education/SchooI Leadership or a related field, with a minimum of three years' experience as a Principal or as an Assistant Principal and a North Carolina Principal License, or eligibility for a North Carolina License.
- The candidate must have superior communication and interpersonal skills and be knowledgeable in current areas of learning, teaching, differentiation and professional development.
- Knowledge of the Spanish language would be a plus.
Interested individuals should send a cover letter stating interest and qualifications for the position, a current resume, and a statement of educational philosophy, along with salary requirements and three references including names, relationship to the applicant, addresses, e-mails and phone numbers by mail to:
Very Reverend Thomas R. Davis, V.F., Pastor
St. Egbert Catholic Church
1706 Evans Street
Morehead City, NC 28557
or by email to: email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.