Catholic Diocese of Richmond, Virginiar
Hours per week: 35+
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- The Catholic Diocese of Richmond is seeking a Payroll/HRMS Manager to provide leadership, planning, project coordination and management for overseeing the Kronos payroll and human resources management system (HRMS) in accordance with diocesan policies and state/federal regulations for approximately 3,000 diocesan priests and employees.
- The successful candidate will manage the day-to-day payroll/HRMS activities to support the HR, payroll, finance and other interrelated functions, while fostering and maintaining positive relationships with staff in the Pastoral Center, parishes and schools.
- Additionally, the Payroll/HRMS Manager will manage a wide variety of information within the system (e.g. direct deposits, pre-notes, W-4s, leave balances, salary, levies, garnishments, voluntary and involuntary contributions, etc.) to ensure the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies and regulatory guidelines.
- This position will serve as the expert on payroll nuances related to the Church, including but not limited to, priest income taxes, deacon income taxes, and the processing of payroll for each.
- Minimum level of Education: A bachelor’s degree in related field (Accounting, Business) with a minimum of 4 years of payroll/HRIS experience in a high-volume environment is required, preferably with KRONOS experience.
Minimum amount of Work Experience
- Years of related work experience 4 years
- Area of related work experience high volume environment. Kronos experience preferred
- A working knowledge of payroll policies and procedures, federal and state statutes pertaining to FLSA, tax status, and wage reduction programs, and computer operations is required, as well as some experience with analyzing and directing functional related activities within the scope of HRMS.
- Ability to apply modern accounting principles and procedures, preferably in a non-profit setting; ability to multi-task to handle multiple projects simultaneously; ability to think analytically to identify discrepancies and errors in payroll reports; ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and to create effective working relationships with employees and other departments is critical.
- Must demonstrate confidentiality and the ability to work under strict deadlines.
- The successful candidate must ensure a commitment to excellent customer service as evidenced through strong communication skills.
Position Start Date: 11/05/2018
Send resume and letter of interest to: Sara Board, HR Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org