Type of Position: Full Time, Benefits-eligible
Hours per week: 40, with 30% to 40% travel around diocese as needed to conduct audits
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions:
- Plan and conduct financial, operational, and compliance audit fieldwork including introductory and exit conferences with pastors/pastoral administrators; test revenue and expense cycles of operational and business processes and perform interviews of clergy, staff and volunteers
- Draft audit reports, present and discuss findings with audit manager
- Conduct follow-up reviews on previous audit findings and recommendations
- Research and apply appropriate accounting principles and auditing standards to reach and support conclusions
- Assist in continuous monitoring of parish and school performance to identify possible internal control risks
- Assist clergy and staff throughout the organization with questions regarding accounting practices and financial systems, in particular ACS Financials and QuickBooks
- Research and provide assistance with designing audit programs for parishes and schools including issues affecting internal controls
- Assist in the performance of investigations and prepare related paperwork
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with clergy and staff across all levels within the organization
- Minimum level of Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum amount of Work Experience: Two to three years
- Years of related work experience: Two to three years
- Area of related work experience: Audit accounting experience
- Ability to apply audit concepts and techniques and critical thinking in analyzing fiscal, operational and computer-based systems
- Ability and flexibility to manage multiple priorities and off-site audits
- Ability to prepare comprehensive, clear and concise reports and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Must be able to maintain objectivity, confidentiality and impartiality
- Pursuit of Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Public Accountant or Certified Fraud Examiner certifications preferred.
- Proficiency in current technologies, including Microsoft Office, and willingness to learn new technologies as appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others, and to work effectively with a wide diversity of people from different ethnic backgrounds.
- Highly organized, with attention to detail.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) skills are a plus.
Parish or school background information:
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Raleigh comprises the 54 eastern counties of North Carolina, covering approximately 32,000 square miles. The diocese is divided into eight deaneries with a total of 95 parishes and missions and five centers for campus ministry. The Diocese is served by 113 active Diocesan and Religious Order Priests.
Position Start Date: (as soon as possible)
Send resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com