St. Andrew the Apostle Catholic Church
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
Candidate should have the ability to lead and supervise volunteer musicians at all levels to successfully staff 5 weekend Masses, Holy Days, Weddings, Funerals, and other Liturgical Celebrations.
Six choirs including: Adult, Teen, Children. Adult Handbells and two Youth Handbell.
The parish currently owns an organ, a grand piano, and 3 octaves of handbells.
Will oversee the purchase of a new organ and possibly additional handbells.
See parish website (www.saintandrew.org) for full job description.
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Parish seeks to hire asap.
- Minimum level of Education: BA or BM in Music
Minimum amount of Work Experience
- Years of related work experience: 3 years
- Area of related work experience: Some previous experience in Catholic Parish Music Ministry.
- Strong organ and piano skills
- Advanced choral and handbell conducting skills
- Accomplished vocal skills with the ability to supervise and train parish cantor
- Excellent organizational, planning, and collaborative skills.
- Practicing Catholic in good standing
Large, dynamic, Catholic parish focused on stewardship with over 3000 registered families
Parish Mission Statement: St. Andrew the Apostle Roman Catholic parish is a people called by Baptism in which God’s presence is experienced, shared and celebrated. Empowered and enabled by the Spirit, we seek to transmit our Christian heritage, to help those in need, and to be an accepting, loving community for all people. Thus we commit ourselves to faithful witness to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Position Start Date: ASAP