St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church, Southern Pines, NC
Part time, 24 hours per week
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Maintain all accounting functions for the church and parish school.
- Attendance at all monthly Finance Council, Parish Council and staff meetings.
- Processing of payroll, accounts receivable, bank deposits, check runs and all required financial reports.
- Maintain general ledger, prepare and post journal entries for month end and year end reporting.
- Input and track parishioner financial gifts and pledges, manage various campaigns throughout the year and meet regularly with pastor regarding financial state of the parish and school.
- Maintain regular communication with Diocesan finance office regarding financial instruments and reporting.
- Work cooperatively with other staff, volunteers and parishioners.
- Be a receptive and welcoming person for walk in guests and those who communicate throughout phone or electronic means.
- Maintain well organized archival system, able to scan and fax, lifting boxes, walking up stairs.
- Minimum level of Education: Associates Degree in Accounting or Finance
Minimum amount of Work Experience
- Years of related work experience: 5 years of related work experience
- Area of related work experience: Catholic parish, school or non-profit organization
- BS degree or higher in Finance or Accounting preferred.
- Management of budgets with over 1 million dollars in annual income/expenses.
- 10 years of related work experience.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to pass a background check and complete safe environment training
Position Start Date: July 1, 2018
Send resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org