Holy Infant Catholic Church, Durham, NC
Part Time, schedule based on Faith Formation programs
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
The Next Generation (NXT GEN) Ministry Coordinator is responsible for the development, organization and administration of programs for youth (high school students) and young adults to fulfill the catechetical mission of the parish. This includes community building, service opportunities, planning and implementing programs and events, and leading youth and young adults into deeper life of discipleship.
- Implement and evaluate a comprehensive ministry program. This program is to include aspects of: catechesis, spiritual formation, advocacy, community life, evangelization, justice and service aspects, leadership development, pastoral care and prayer and worship opportunities.
- Recruit, train, supervise, motivate and evaluate all volunteers.
- Implement and facilitate youth retreats.
- Maintain regular communications/liaison with youth and their families, recent graduates and young adults employing all applicable communication platforms.
- Implement and maintain a sacrament preparation process for Confirmation.
- Work in collaboration with other parish staff in scheduling, planning and implementing activities, events and processes that overlap with other areas of parish life.
- Engage in ongoing professional formation; keep informed of trends in youth and young adult ministry, theology and methodology of ministry.
- Maintain a good working relationship with the Diocese, Deanery and wider community at large; assure integration and conformity with Diocesan programs and guidelines.
- Participate as a member of the parish Safe Environment Team.
- Maintain appropriate ministry-related records.
- Perform other tasks as deemed necessary or assigned by the Pastor, Director of Faith Development/Pastoral Associate or Assistant Director of Faith Development.
- Practicing Catholic in Full communion with the church.
- Prior youth ministry experience; training in youth and young adult ministry or willingness to acquire and continue training.
- High degree of comfort working with youth and awareness of appropriate boundaries.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong organizational and leadership skills with the ability to clearly formulate necessary long/short term plans and direct and inspire others.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with the ability to observe, question, listen, give and accept feedback and adapt to changes.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently.
Position Start Date: As soon as possible
Send resume and letter of interest to: Blaine Short, Parish Administrator, BShort@HolyInfantChurch.org