Saint Raphael Catholic School, Raleigh
Full Time, 40 hours per week
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
Saint Raphael Catholic School is a K-8 school located in Raleigh. We are currently accepting resumes for a full-time Middle School Religion Teacher. Candidates should present passionate dispositions towards teaching and Catholic formation. The person should:
- Accepting the mission of the school as articulated at the Diocesan and school level
- Implementation of the educational mission, philosophy, goals, and objectives of the school
- Plan, prepare, teach, and interact with students in a professional way that challenges students to reach their individual potential
- Performance of professional responsibilities including but not limited to planning lessons, preparing instructional materials, serving on faculty committees, communication with parents and administration, and maintaining positive relationships with peers, students, parents, and the administration.
- Serve as a missionary disciple and serve the students and faculty in creating missionary disciples within our school community.
- Collaborate with the Dean of Students and Assistant Principal to aid in planning school retreats and service opportunities;
- Serve as the coordinator of school Masses, which includes scheduling Masses, Holy Day celebrations, as well as working with our Pastoral Associate for Liturgy and Music (PALM) to schedule confessions
- Applicants should hold a minimum of a Level 1 Catechesis Certification; Master Catechesis Certificate preferred
- Practicing Catholics who have prior teaching experience preferred
- Employment is contingent on the applicant passing a full background check
Position Start Date: August 2018
Send resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org