St. Michael the Archangel Catholic School, Cary, NC
Full-time, 40 hours per week
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Integrate values and attitudes that guide students in evaluating math content in the light of Gospel teachings
- Effectively implement the grade-specific Diocese of Raleigh Mathematics curriculum, while purposefully enhancing critical thinking skills by connecting the Math curriculum with other standards and objectives from the Diocese of Raleigh Science and Technology curricula.
- Demonstrate mastery of the content, create cross-curricular connections, and design rigorous instructional plans that include higher order thinking skills, acquisition of deeper content knowledge, and common assessments created in collaboration with the middle school math team
- Incorporate the seamless integration of technology and naturally infuse 21st Century skills in lessons that support the school’s instructional program and goals, which includes a Grade 6-8 1:1 technology initiative.
- Develop and implement hands-on learning experiences using research-based instruction and rigorous assessments to assess multiple levels of content and skills
- Exhibit a strong sense of personal accountability for student achievement and high expectations for student learning
- Cultivate ongoing communication and positive relationships with parents, students, and colleagues
- Contribute to a positive Catholic school culture driven by continuous professional growth, improvement, and collegial collaboration
Minimum level of Education: Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Education - ideally with a focus or concentration in Mathematics – or an advanced degree in Mathematics.
Minimum amount of Work Experience
- Years of related work experience: 3 or more years
- Area of related work experience: Education / Mathematics / Middle School or High School
- Hold a current North Carolina Teaching License, or an equivalent out-of-state license
St. Michael provides a Christ-centered Catholic education, with a focus on academic excellence, and the development of the whole person, through our core values of reverence, service, and leadership.
Position Start Date: 08/13/2018
Send resume and letter of interest to: (email address) Interested candidates should email (1) a resume, (2) a cover letter that includes one’s educational philosophy, and (3) at least two professional references to Tara Navarro, Principal: email@example.com
Deadline for applications is May 1, 2018.