Part-time, 15 hours per week
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Effectively implement the Diocesan Language Arts Curriculum for Grade 6.
- Design instructional plans that include higher order thinking skills.
- Possess the ability to differentiate based on the needs and abilities of students.
- Manage student behavior, assess and evaluate students, and communicate effectively with parents.
- Incorporate the use of technology into lessons that support the school’s instructional programs and goals.
- Contribute to a positive, Catholic school culture driven by high expectations for student achievement, professional growth, and collaboration to enhance student learning.
- Possess the capacity to establish and maintain effective and positive relationships with staff, students, and parents.
- Exhibit a strong sense of personal accountability for student achievement.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding students and confidential school information
- Minimum level of Education Bachelor's Degree in Education
Minimum amount of Work Experience
- Years of related work experience 0-5 years
- Area of related work experience: Classroom teaching experience
- Hold a current North Carolina Teaching License or an equivalent out-of-state license to teach Middle School Language Arts
- Successful completion of Diocesan background check
Position Start Date: 08/07/2018
Send resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com
St. Catherine of Siena Catholic School is a co-educational private Catholic school serving students in preschool and kindergarten through eighth grade. The presence of Christ permeates our rich Catholic educational traditions of forming the whole child: spiritually, academically, physically, and socially. Our school provides students with a rich tradition in Catholic education and our curriculum challenges our students to reach their highest potential. St. Catherine of Siena Catholic School finding its source and summit in the Eucharist, unites with parents and parish to model the teachings of Jesus Christ in daily actions, and to provide for children an education that forms and enlightens spirit, mind and body.