Annunciation Catholic School
Hours per week: 37.5 (40 weeks per school year)
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide educational services to children, under the supervision and guidance of the lead teacher.
- Discuss assigned duties with classroom teachers in order to coordinate instructional efforts.
- Prepare lesson materials, bulletin board displays, exhibits, equipment, and demonstrations.
- Present subject matter to students under the direction and guidance of teachers
- Tutor and assist children individually or in small groups in order to help them master assignments and to reinforce learning concepts presented by teachers.
- Supervise students in classrooms, halls, cafeterias, school playgrounds, and gyms, or on field trips.
- Minimum level of Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Minimum amount of Work Experience: It is not required that the applicant have previous experience as a teaching assistant for Kindergarten.
- Years of related work experience: N/A
- Area of related work experience: N/A
- Professional demeanor
- Excellent communication skills
- Preference will be given to applicants with a degree in Education or those who hold or are eligible for a North Carolina K-6 Teaching License
Annunciation Catholic School, in Havelock, NC, is seeking a dynamic, knowledgeable, and engaging Kindergarten Teacher. Annunciation Catholic School has a rich history of Catholic education dating back to 1954 and is centrally located to MCAS Cherry Point, the historical beauty of New Bern, and the beaches of the Crystal Coast.
Position Start Date: 08/15/2018
Send resume and letter of interest to: Mrs. Anna Bragg, Principal, at email@example.com