St. Michael the Archangel Catholic Church, Cary, NC
Part time; average 26 hours per week
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
This is a part-time position that will be responsible for the coordination and oversight of the faith formation program and will assist the Assoc. Pastor to meet the faith formation needs of the St. Michael Hispanic community as follows:
- Oversee and monitor the faith formation program for Hispanic youth grades K-8. This includes recruitment, training and monitoring of catechists and other volunteers as needed.
- Provide routine and ongoing communication with parents of children within the program (in Spanish and English as required) to inform them of program requirements, important dates, paperwork needed, fees, etc.
- Oversee registration for faith formation including communication of deadlines, fees required, submission of paperwork, and collection/deposit of funds received.
- Collaborate with other faith formation staff with the planning of and carrying out of First Communion and Confirmation Sacrament rehearsals and celebrations.
- Provide regular and ongoing training and oversight of catechist helping with the faith formation programs.
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum 5-years experience in parish or diocesan ministry.
- Some continuing education in Catholic Theology, Christology, Sacraments, etc.
- Must have a working knowledge of the Catholic Faith, especially regarding the Sacraments of Initiation.
- Must be bi-lingual (Spanish, English)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
Leadership experience within parish or diocesan formation ministry.
Degree in religious studies and a certified master catechist.
Parish of 5300 families, with approx. 30% - 35% being Hispanic.
Send resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org.