The Catholic Diocese of Raleigh seeks highly motivated candidates to assist in proactively analyzing parish, mission, school and Diocesan data to drive effective decision making and supporting key Diocesan financial initiatives, including the accounting for the Cathedral Project.
- Support the Diocesan capital and operating budget development process for the Holy Name of Jesus Cathedral, including accounting oversight of the capital campaign (pledges/redemptions), track the construction project costs (approved contract commitments compared to actual spending), and capture the projected revenue in relationship to expenses and any other initiatives to fund the project
- Report and monitor parish key performance indicators and provide a proactive early warning system to identify parishes and schools that are or could be experiencing financial distress
- Support all parish capital budgeting projects, the capital justification process, and presentation to the Diocesan Loan Committee
- Compile monthly cash flow forecasting information to be used for Diocesan review of cash management strategies
- Support the management of the parish property and general liability insurance program. Assist parishes with insurance questions and requirements including interaction with Diocesan insurance broker
- Other financial support services, including the management the database providing demographic information to parishes and schools, worker's compensation audit, parish contract approval administration, department budgets, and other ad hoc analyses as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum of five years of experience in accounting
- Intermediate level analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to maintain cooperative working relationships
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and demands
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
To apply, please forward your cover letter and resume to Employment.Opportunities@raldioc.org.