Catholic Charities, the charitable outreach arm of the Diocese of Raleigh is seeking a dynamic, forward-looking Executive Director to lead this private, nonprofit organization which serves the people of Eastern North Carolina.
Working with the vison of the Office of the Bishop, the Executive Director will be asked to strike a balance between strategic development initiatives and day to day operating issues to position the organization for sustainable, long term growth. The organization has several important initiatives in development and is refining its long-term goals and objectives.
- Provides executive management, sets priorities and formulates strategic program and operational plans.
- Prepares and executes annual budget in accordance with approved spending plans and ensures funds are used effectively
- Oversee operations in nine regional offices throughout 32,000 square mile territory
- Lead the organization’s core programs manifested through the Corporal Works of Mercy, Support of the Family, Immigration assistance and Disaster relief.
- Develops and evaluates existing programs and determines the expansion or introduction of new services and programs.
- Collaborates with Deans, the Board of Directors and Pastors to assess outreach needs and to provide the appropriate response and acts as liaison between Catholic Charities and Diocesan departments and offices.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with major benefactors, local government officials and leaders in key for-profit and not-for-profit organizations within the Diocese.
- Provides leadership guidance to Assistant Director and Development Director
- Master’s degree in Public Administration, Social Sciences or related human services professional degree from an accredited academic institution.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a nonprofit organization, including three years of experience in executive administrative positions with demonstrated experience in human resources management, management of a budget, fundraising, and working with a Board of Directors.
- Practicing Catholic in good standing with a demonstrated knowledge and commitment to the theology, ecclesiology and social teachings of the Catholic Church -- desired.
In addition to a competitive salary, Catholic Charities of Raleigh provides a comprehensive benefits plan, including medical, dental and vision insurances, group life and long term disability insurances, generous 403(b) plan, and various leaves such as vacation, sick, and holiday.
About the Diocese
The Catholic Diocese of Raleigh is a growing, vibrant Diocese which includes 54 counties of eastern North Carolina, covering just over 32,000 square miles. The Diocese is divided into eight deaneries with a total of 95 parishes, missions and stations and seven centers for campus ministry.
For immediate consideration, please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.