Hours per week: 20-25
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Maintaining a working relationship with vendors and venues throughout the Diocese of Raleigh.
- Understanding the complex needs of different events, and diverse cultures.
- Planning event aspects: venue, guest list, seating, and dining.
- Maintaining/maximizing budget while planning event specifications.
- Budget management and reporting.
- Managing and overseeing proceedings on the day of event, including problem-solving, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, and organizing vendors, and managing take-down.
- Anticipating and planning for possible different event scenarios, including troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Communicating and presenting event ideas and plans to the Office of Evangelization and Discipleship and vendors.
- Working with internal and external teams and partners.
- Working under and adhering to strict deadlines.
- Serving as liaison to the Holy Name of Jesus Cathedral facilities staff.
- Creating and maintaining vendor and main point-of-contact lists
Preparing Diocese of Raleigh Finance Office Vouchers for review and approval as needed for:
- Minimum level of Education: High School Diploma
Minimum amount of Work Experience: 1-3 years
- Years of related work experience 1-3 years
- Area of related work experience: event planning
- Experience coordinating large- and small-scale events
- Proficient computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to work weekends and evening hours
- Access to reliable transportation to meetings and events
- Bilingual preferred, English and Spanish
- North Carolina Driver license preferred
- Practicing Catholic and aware of liturgy
Position Start Date: January 2019
Send resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com