St. Michael the Archangel Catholic School, a U.S. Department of Education Blue Ribbon School dedicated to providing a Christ-centered Catholic education, with a focus on academic excellence, and the development of each individual child, is seeking a dynamic, knowledgeable, and engaging elementary teacher.
The ideal candidate would:
- Integrate values and attitudes that guide students in evaluating content in the light of Gospel teachings
- Effectively implement the grade-specific Diocese of Raleigh curriculum
- Develop and implement hands-on learning experiences using research-based instruction and rigorous assessments to assess multiple levels of content and skills
- Understand the content, create cross-curricular connections, and design instructional plans that include higher order thinking skills and acquisition of deeper content knowledge
- Incorporate the seamless integration of technology and naturally infuse 21st Century skills in lessons that support the school’s instructional program and goals
- Exhibit a strong sense of personal accountability for student achievement and high expectations for student learning
- Cultivate ongoing communication and positive relationships with parents
- Contribute to a positive Catholic school culture driven by continuous professional growth and collegial collaboration
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Education
- Hold a current K – 6 Elementary Education North Carolina Teaching License, or an equivalent out-of-state license
- Have at least three years of successful teaching experience
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, educational philosophy, and at least two professional references to Mrs. Tara Navarro, Principal, at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is May 5, 2017.