Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Church in Pinehurst, NC, seeks a candidate for the full-time position of Director of Religious Education / Faith Formation to serve the parish. This position is a flexible, 40 hours per week position and offers a competitive compensation with benefits.
The candidate selected for this position will have overall responsibility for the development, administration, and evaluation of all parish faith formation programs, and sacramental preparations.
Reports to: Rev. Edward J. Burch, Pastor, Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Pinehurst NC
Direct Reports to the Director of Religious Education/Faith include:
- The Director of Youth Ministry
- The Advisors to the DRE (Volunteer Position)
- The Nursery Coordinator
- Fully active and practicing Roman Catholic
- Master’s Degree preferred in Religious Education, Education, Theology, or the equivalent years of experience.
- Experience in program administration, practical evangelization processes, catechetical leadership and instruction at various levels.
- Experience in integrating modern instructional technologies in the field of catechesis.
- Demonstrated skill in organization, pastoral communication and collaboration.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as email.
- Demonstrated ability to work with various groups of people, including parents, instructors and staff in a positive and collaborative manner.
Develop, implement and administer faith formation programs for Sacred Heart Catholic Church in accordance with Diocesan guidelines and norms which are faithful to the teachings of the Church, and consistent with the developmental needs of catechists.
- Develop, implement and coordinate adult faith formation programs for adults in consultation with the pastor.
- Conduct baptism preparation for parents and godparents wishing to have their child baptized in the Parish.
- Conduct formation sessions for parents and sponsors of children preparing for First Reconciliation, First Communion and Confirmation.
- Maintain pertinent records related to faith formation programs.
- Prepare annual budget, in coordination with the Finance Council, and maintain required record of expenses.
- Provide opportunities for youth to engage in community and Parish service projects.
- Provide opportunities for children and youth to engage in community building social activities.
- Encourage participation of middle and high school youth in Diocesan retreats and other activities.
- Recruit catechists and provide or inform of available faith formation opportunities.
- Coordinate R.C.I.A. program in preparing catechumens and catechists; encourage the pursuit of catechist certification.
- Select, purchase and maintain supplies and material for faith formation programs, including materials for Children’s Liturgy of the Word.
- Participate in quarterly Deanery Faith Formation Leadership meetings, and quarterly Deanery Youth Ministry meetings.
- Plan Youth Ministry sessions.
- Attend various Diocesan Faith Formation meetings.
- Coordinate and assist with Safe Environment Training (SET) classes and renewals, with a focus on the administrative aspect of the program
- Maintain SET materials up-to-date.
- Coordinate background check data and maintenance of data-base with both Parish and Diocesan offices.
- Complete and send annual Safe Environment report to the Diocese.
- Coordinate and report on Safe Environment education of children twice a year.
- Attend required Diocesan Safe Environment meetings and training.
- Work collaboratively with the Pastoral Advisory Council.
- Work in concert with the Advisors for Religious Education and Faith Formation, and assist with developing agendas for the advisory meetings.
- Schedule CCD classes and faith formation activities consistent with responsible space utilization.
- Supervise, direct and evaluate staff and volunteers assigned to the DRE.
- Address all issues raised by students, parents and staff in a timely and professional manner.
Send resume and letter of interest to:
Director of Admin and Communications
Sacred Heart Church
300 Dundee Rd
Pinehurst, NC 28374
Or by email to: Jeanne.email@example.com.