The Catholic Community of St. Thomas More, Chapel Hill
Full time, 40 hours per week
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Responsible for developing liturgical music for all Masses, Holy Days, special liturgical celebrations, weddings and funerals.
- Oversees all aspects of liturgical music in the parish and directs the Schola Cantorum and the Hand Bell Choirs; oversees and works closely with the other choir directors
- The position requires musical proficiency in organ, piano and voice as well as a thorough knowledge of Catholic Church liturgical guidelines and norms.
- The DMM must flow easily between contemporary, praise and worship, traditional and age appropriate music for children.
- Recruits cantors, substitute accompanists, choir members and supervises the music library with the assistance of volunteers
- Minimum level of Education: A BA in Music is required
Minimum amount of Work Experience
- Years of related work experience: 3+ years of experience in a church position
- Area of related work experience
- The ability to communicate in Spanish and English is preferred.
- Multiple choir directors
- Music librarians (volunteer)
Parish background information: A bilingual parish of 3500 families
Position Start Date: 07/01/2018
Send resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com