Immaculate Conception Catholic Church
Full Time, 40 hours/week
DO LITURGY, MUSIC MINISTRY & THE SOUND OF THE SURF APPEAL TO YOU?
Come to Coastal NC – to a growing Catholic parish seeking to further develop its liturgy and music programs. Immaculate Conception is a parish of 1,000 households ministering to the faithful coastal communities of Carolina Beach and historic Wilmington, NC. The community is administered by the Oblates of St. Francis de Sales. St. Francis de Sales advocates “Living Jesus Christ” by proclaiming the Gospel, celebrating the Eucharist, nourishing our Faith, and serving all God's people with compassion, humility and gentleness. For more information please visit our website www.iccwilm.org
In addition to a competitive salary, ICC provides a comprehensive benefits plan, including:
- Vision insurance
- Group life
- Long-term disability insurance
- A generous 403(b) plan
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Responsibilities would encompass the formation of all liturgical ministers and parish musicians.
- In addition, the Director works in relationship with other staff members to support the community to live out the parish vision and mission statements.
- This candidate will be involved with the selection of a new piano for the current worship space, and giving input toward the design of an eventual new church building.
Supervises (if applicable, list positions supervised by this position)
- In collaboration with the Pastor, the Director of Liturgy and Music provides direction and supervision of all parish liturgical celebrations.
- Years of related work experience 2 to 5 years
- Area of related work experience Experience within the Catholic liturgy
- Possess an undergraduate degree in music, liturgy, or related field
- Working knowledge and understanding of, and proven experience with Catholic liturgy.
- A practicing Catholic in good standing.
- Skills as an accompanist on the piano and organ with good sight-reading skills.
- Special emphasis on leading the assembly in song, as well ability to improvise, prepare and play creative accompaniments to the hymns and liturgical music.
- Proven experience with choral conducting with volunteer choirs.
- Experience contracting professional instrumentalists and students for special liturgies and Holy Days.
- Possess pastoral, organizational, computer, communication, motivational and people skills.
Position Start Date: Immediately
Send resume and letter of interest to: (email address) firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting Expiry Date: Open until filled