St. Andrew the Apostle Catholic Church, Apex, NC
Full time, 40 hours per week
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Oversees and coordinates all Parish liturgies and aspects of the liturgical life of the parish, working in close collaboration with the pastor(s), Music Director, Sacristans, Liturgical Ministers, etc.
- Directs and oversees various faith formation programs that support a lifelong deepening of the Catholic faith for all parishioners consistent with the Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC), National Directory for Catechesis (NDC), diocesan guidelines, and parish needs.
- Direct adult faith formation programs and all components
- The position reports directly to the pastor and helps with the parish’s ongoing formation in the prayer life of the church.
- Minimum level of Education B.A. in theology, Catholic Studies or religious education (although M.A. in theology, Catholic Studies or religious education is preferred) and 3+ years of experience as a Director of Adult Ministry and/or Director of Liturgy.
Minimum amount of Work Experience
- Years of related work experience: 3 years
- Area of related work experience: Church/parish or not-for-profit industry with demonstrated proficiency in parish management and human resources
- Knowledge of accounting principles and financial reporting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a strong ability to work effectively with staff and volunteers.
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills.
- Appropriate technology knowledge and skills as dictated by the position.
- Experience in stewardship principles and fundraising preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Parish Database systems
Supervises (if applicable, list positions supervised by this position)
- Parish Faith Formation Staff
Large, dynamic, Catholic parish focused on stewardship with over 3000 registered families
Parish Mission Statement: St. Andrew the Apostle Roman Catholic parish is a people called by Baptism in which God’s presence is experienced, shared and celebrated. Empowered and enabled by the Spirit, we seek to transmit our Christian heritage, to help those in need, and to be an accepting, loving community for all people. Thus we commit ourselves to faithful witness to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Position Start Date: Summer 2018 (exact start date TBD)