Holy Name of Jesus Cathedral, the new seat of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Raleigh, seeks a Director of Finance and Stewardship. This position is responsible to the Rector for administering the financial affairs of the church and working with staff to achieve the objectives of the church.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead strategic planning, budgeting, internal business controls, development and oversight of all financial processes.
- Oversee the purchasing process and maintain vendor relationships.
- Oversee and enforce diocesan and parish policies and procedures for the effective operation of the parish. With the Rector, represents the parish to the Diocese of Raleigh in all parish financial matters.
- This position requires collaboration with the Rector, Principal, Parish Finance Council and Diocese of Raleigh to coordinate activities, share ideas, and develop a consistent comprehensive overall financial plan for the parish.
- Implement a campaign that will provide for the planned construction of the multi-use building and in the future, the construction of the school.
- Assist in the fundraising programs that will produce increased levels of support for the parish and school.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Performs other functions as necessary or as assigned by the Rector.
- Improve the skills needed for this position through professional development.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or a closely related field
- Knowledge of best practices in institutional advancement
- Demonstrated track record of managing the finances of a complex organization, ideally a not-for-profit entity or church.
- Knowledge of computer systems including electronic communication software, membership software, and financial reporting and accounting software
- Ability to engage in a consensus decision making process, knowing that the Rector is the final decision maker
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, using good time management skills
- Preference for a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church. At a minimum, knowledge of and respect for the Catholic Church and its structure
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills
- Spanish proficiency is a plus
Qualified candidates should send resume and letter of interest to Gary Rosia, HR Director, at email@example.com.