Location: Catholic Center
Hours per week: 40
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Create and manage a culturally diverse Diocesan Youth Ministry Resource Team, to serve as a consultative, training, and resourcing committee for the youth ministry needs of the parishes with the diocese. The Team will also provide a cluster network for Hispanic and English-speaking youth ministers for information sharing, planning, vision, support, and to nurture a bridge between communities.
- Promote and provide training, consultation and resources to youth leaders and programs and share local and national best practices with them.
- Connect parishes and youth ministries with local and national ministry events and initiatives.
- Encourage, form and empower leaders in their efforts at creating effective and sustainable ministry events in their local area.
- Meet with pastors and parish staff assisting with youth ministry activities; has the ability to conduct collaborative evaluation, assessment, and recommendation sessions. Exhibit the capacity to perform the promised services and meet agreed upon expectations.
- Empower young people in the diocese by providing models that train youth to be peer leaders within their own parish, high school and community.
- Network, consult and resource various local, regional and national advisory boards and organizations – where applicable.
- Research appropriate websites, books, videos for recommendation to the Executive Director and other leaders of youth ministry efforts.
- Manage budgets related to ministry projects.
- Display genuine interest and care for the parish by honoring the cultural context and personality distinctions of pastor, staff and parishioners.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a collaborative style in a team environment.
- Adhere to all Safe Environment Programs.
- May be given various other assignments and projects consistent with the responsibility level and general duties of a Diocesan Youth Ministry Consultant
- An “authentic witness” to the faith who represents the teaching of the Catholic Church with enthusiasm, integrity, and compassion.
- Practicing Catholic in good standing fully committed to, and with advanced knowledge of, the mission and tenets of the Catholic Church and active engagement in a Catholic parish, with letter from Pastor conveying this
- Bachelor's Degree in Theology/Pastoral Ministry/Religious Education or related field
- Bilingual and bicultural (English and Spanish)
- Five years of ministry experience related to youth ministry, particularly in a parish setting
- Depth of understanding of evangelization and the thresholds of conversion
- Ability to attract and effectively supervise volunteers
- Skilled at forming leadership Boards and managing group dynamics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Some travel, evening, and weekend work required. Must have a valid driver license and reliable transportation
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master's Degree in Theology/ Pastoral Ministry/ Religious Education or related field
- Eight years of ministry experience related to faith formation
Position Start Date: (Immediately)
Send resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com