The Development Coordinator is responsible for assisting parish fundraising efforts that include: increased parish offertory programs, the implementation of the Annual Appeal at the parish level, providing development support to parishes and the cultivation and solicitation of unrestricted gifts for diocesan initiatives. These activities are executed in the assigned parishes and with the assigned donor prospects.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist with the creation and implementation of the Development Plan that incorporates a range of strategies including annual giving, annual appeals, fundraising initiatives at the parish and diocesan level.
- Coordinates, implements and assists the assigned parishes in increased offertory, annual, capital, endowment and planned giving programs.
- Supports and enhances the Diocese of Raleigh and its stewardship program to increase the number of donors each year.
- Spends time cultivating the donors and being a steward for donor relations, requiring travel in the Diocese when necessary.
- Meets with Pastors and parish leaders in the assigned parishes to prepare them for fund raising activities.
- Works with the volunteers at the parish level to address parish and/or diocesan fundraising priorities.
- Along with other members of the department, implements strategies to identify and incorporate new donors and enlarge the donor base including prospect identification and evaluation.
- Perform administrative duties as needed including filing, copying, sorting and assembling meeting materials.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business, Fundraising, Public Relations, or related field
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and follow through on plans and timelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail, strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to work evenings and weekends when necessary
- Spanish language skills a plus
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.