In this full-time position, the Coordinator of Married Life utilizes workshops, webinars, and retreats to recruit, train, and support parish leaders to offer a range of programs related to marriage ministry, fertility awareness, divorce ministry, and bereavement. Assists with development and implementation of programming related to marriage preparation, marriages in distress, and divorce ministry. Serves as a liaison to task committees, advisory councils, and external organizations in the area of marriage ministry. Reports to the Senior Director for Married Life.
Key duties and responsibilities of the Coordinator of Married Life - English:
- Recruits, trains and supports parish leaders to offer a range of programs that respond to the needs of parishes related to marriage ministry.
- Coordinates and schedules workshops, training sessions, retreats, and Diocesan events related to marriage preparation, fertility awareness, and marriage enrichment.
- Assists with programs in support of marriages in distress, divorce ministries, and bereavement.
- Serves as diocesan liaison to practitioners, pregnancy care centers, healthcare providers, and professional organizations/associations, such as the Catholic Medical Association.
- Represents the Office of Married Life on various diocesan councils, task forces, and advisory committees related to marriage ministry.
Requirements of this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Theology, Family Studies, or related field required (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum of one to three years’ work experience in Pastoral Ministry, parish or diocesan level.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel and work outside of regular business hours (evenings and weekends, up to 25%).
Ideal candidates will have the following preferred skills:
- Knowledge of and commitment to Catholic teachings and practices.
- Professional demeanor reflective of the values and mission of the Diocese of Raleigh.
- Discretion and prudence in maintaining confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Proficiency in current technologies, including Microsoft Office, and willingness to learn new technologies as appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others, and to work effectively with a wide diversity of people from different ethnic backgrounds.
- Public speaking experience.
- Highly organized, with attention to detail.
Letter of interest and resume should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.